Time to mount headlight and taillight………I bought an aluminum number plate from Speed & Sport…….I made these mounts for the plate, they bolt to the gauge pod holes. Once the plate is in position the headlight can be mounted.
Plate mounted. The lower hole with the grommet will route the headlamp wires.
The headlight, a Deadbeat Customs piece (http://www.deadbeatcustoms.com/), is mounted on a modified Triumph rectifier mount.
Side view, slick little headlight…………Deadbeat Customs, check ’em out.
The taillight…….an After Hours Choppers (http://afterhourschoppers.com) Aluminum Tiny Tit Taillight. I used one of their Brass Titmouse Taillights on the Tin Shack Special…………these guys make some really cool stuff, definitely worth a visit to their site.
The After Hours light assembly.
The mount that After Hours sells, shortened and re-bent to work on the old Triumph.
Ready for the light.
Slide the LED light in.
Snap ring goes in and you have a taillight.
Tiny taillight, beautifully made.
Stainless bolt that mounts the light housing to the mount, bored for the wiring loom.
Mounted up and looks cool as hell………the aluminum light is a great match for the alloy fender.
Looks like it was made for the bike!
4 Replies to “Let there be lights………”
The lights are great. However I have a question about the number plate – do you have a rear plate as well as the front? Won’t the front plate be obscured by the light?
No rear number plates. Back in “the day” that this bike would have been raced across a stretch of desert most guys were only running a front plate. I’m unsure at what point the “District” started requiring side number plates to be run. I plan on plating and running the old Triumph on the roads so lights are necessary……..I went as small as I could with lights while still being legal for “on road” use.
Ah, I see, thanks 🙂
It gets confusing trying to understand different countries lighting and number plate legislation!
Looks very trick and clean, doing a very good job, love the cheater sprocket you’ve had made up.
Look forward to seeing the end product, it’ll give me some inspiration on my T150 sled(ish) build.